NAVIGATOR FORUM 2002
“NAVIGATOR 2002” Annual Maritime Conference was organized on 14th March 2002 in ATHENS LEDRA MARRIOTT HOTEL under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine with the support of the University of Piraeus, Department of Maritime Studies and the co-operation of the Embassies of U.S.A., ITALY, SPAIN and MALTA.
The Main Subjects of the Conference were:“TOWAGE IN USA IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM” & “SHIP AGENCY IN MEDITERRANEAN PORTS”
Many Political figures of Greece, Representatives of the University of Piraeus, the Directors of the largest Towing Companies in USA MORAN TOWING CORP & FOSS MARITIME CO., Executive Directors of the largest Shipping Agencies in ITALY, SPAIN and MALTA as well as 300 of the most distinguished Greek Decision Makers honoured the Conference with their attendance.
The Conference focused on providing a basis on which all participants would have the opportunity to be informed and exchange views on important issues concerning the International and Hellenic Shipping Industry.
Speakers of the “NAVIGATOR 2002” Annual Maritime Conference were:
1. Prof. Alexandros Goulielmos of the University of Piraeus (Manager of the postgraduate program in Maritime Studies).
2. Mr Nikos Vernicos, President of N.E. VERNICOS SALVAGE & TOWAGE.
3. Mr. Emmanuel Vordonis, Executive Director of THENAMARIS SHIPSMANAGEMENT INC.
4. Capt. Gabriel Haldezos, Operations Manager of EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MARITIME LTD
5. Capt. Nikos Pentheroudakis, President of the Union of Greek Shipbrokers.
6. The Directors of the largest USA Towing Companies
• MORAN TOWING CORP & FOSS MARITIME CO
And three of the largest Agencies
• AARUS MARITIMA – SPAIN
• MARITTIMA RAVENNATE – ITALY
• PALM SHIPPING AGENCY – MALTA