President / Director Fafalios Shipping S.A.
Dimitrios Fafalios has been President/Director of Fafalios Shipping S.A. since 2008
From 1984 to 2008, Mr. Fafalios has held various positions in Fafalios Ltd. London and their affiliates, including Technical manager, Technical Director with responsibilities for vessel Maintenance, Newbuildings, S&P, and Technical support for Chartering, Insurance, Post-Fixture and other departments. He has worked closely with many of the major classification societies for rule development and implementations.
Mr. Fafalios received his Bachelor of Science degree in Naval Architecture and Ship Building from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1980 and Master of Science in Ocean Systems Management from MIT in 1982.
Mr. Fafalios holds senior or leading posts on committees as below:
• ABS (American Bureau of Shipping)
• DNV-GL (Det Norske Veritas-Germanischer Lloyd)
• HCS (Hellenic Chamber of Shipping)
• ICS (International Chamber of Shipping)
• INTERCARGO (Technical Committee & Management Committee)
• LR (Lloyds Register)
• NK (ClassNK Nippong Kaiji Kyokai Piraeus)
• RINA (Registro Italiano)
• UGS (Union of Greek Ship Owners)