NAVIGATOR FORUM 2004
The 4th Shipping Conference “Navigator 2004”, expanding on the “New Safety & Security Regulations” was completed with great success on Thursday, 22nd April 2004. The focus was set on the I.S.P.S. Code, which will enter in force on 1st July 2004, and will rapidly change the way the Hellenic Shipping Community will be operating in less than two months time.
In the recently renovated and luxurious ballroom of the ATHENS LEDRA MARRIOTT Hotel, the Conference was conducted with the attendance of:
The General Secretary of the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine, Mr. Ioannis Tzoanos,
The Ambassador of Bulgaria, his Excellency Stefan Stoyanov,
The Commandant of the Hellenic Coast Guard Vice Admiral Christos Delimichalis,
The First Deputy Commandant of the Hellenic Coast Guard – Rear Admiral Pelopidas Agelopoulos,
The Second Deputy Commandant of the Hellenic Coast Guard – Rear Admiral George Papachristodoulou
As well as Officers in charge for the Sector of Safety of the Hellenic Coast Guard.
The Conference has been organised for the last 4 years by NAVIGATOR LTD., under the Auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Mercantile Marine and in collaboration with the University of Piraeus (Department of Maritime Studies).
The highly interesting speeches from distinguished personalities, such as:
• Capt. Dimitris Bezantakos, (President of NAVIGATOR LTD.),
• Capt. Nikos Pentheroudakis, (President of the Union of the Greek Shipbrokers)
• Mr. Ioannis Damilatis, (Vice-president of Greek Forum of INTERTANKO),
• Mr. Emmanuel Vordonis (Executive Director of THENAMARIS INC.),
• Mrs Kerry Mavromati (Lawyer and Legal Advisor of the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping),
• Mr. Dimitris Iliou (Member of the Board of Directors of the Baltic Exchange),
• and last but not least Capt. Gabriel Haldezos (Operations Manager and Quality Representative of EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MARITIME LTD).
In addition, the honorable Sponsors of the Conference “Navigator 2004” addressed speeches on issues related to the I.S.P.S. code:
• Mr. Dimitris Kyriakidis, (Director of the Marine Consult International Ltd. – Norwegian Maritime Equipment)
• Mr. Jason Georgiou (Director of Unimarine Services), and
• Mr. George Maniatakis – (Director of SBE College).
In addition, the Managing Directors of NAVIGATOR LTD. Exclusive Members who participated in the Conference, presented their offered services in relation to the new Safety and Security regulations:
• OLYMPIC MARINE SERVICES (United Arabic Emirates),
• TNS SHIPPING AND FORWARDING CO LTD (Bulgaria),
• BOURGAS TUG SERVICE and VARNA TOWAGE COMPANY LTD. (Bulgaria),
• SUNHILL AGENCY CO. LTD. (South Korea), and
• UNIVERSAL SHIPPING AGENCY S.A. (Uruguay).